- We take our responsibilities under the Constitution of the United States of Amerie seriously. We also recognize the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
Personally identifiable information
- We may collect personally identifiable information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. When interacting with us on the Site, Users can always refuse to supply personal data to us, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities or transactions.
Non-personally identifiable information
- We may collect non-personally identifiable information about Users when they interact with our Site.
What Information Do We Collect?
- Home Address
- Contact Information
- Transactional Information
- Usage and Preferences
- Identification number
- Bank Account Number
We will collect your personal data in accordance with the legislative purpose of the DPA.
- We may also collect and store certain information automatically when you visit the Site. Examples include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, log in details, the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), cookie number and your activity on our Site, including the pages you visited, the searches you made and, if relevant, the products/services you purchased.
- We may receive information about you from third parties if you use any websites or social media platforms operated by third parties (for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and, if such functionality is available, you have chosen to link your profile on the Site with your profile on those other websites or social media platforms.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device.
- You can block or deactivate cookies in your browser settings.
- We use log-in cookies in order to remember you when you have logged in for a seamless experience.
- We use session cookies to track your movements from page to page and in order to store your selected inputs so you are not constantly asked for the same information.
- This Site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the Site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the Site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- For further information on types of cookies and how they work visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Purposes For Collection, Use, Disclosure, And Processing Of Your Personal Data
- Swuex will/may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
(a)administering, facilitating, processing, and/or dealing in any matters relating to your use or access of the Site, including identifying you for login to the Site, our portals, and other online services provided by or on behalf of us;
(b)monitoring, processing, and/or tracking your use of the Site in order to provide you with a seamless experience, facilitating or administering your use of the Site, and/or to assist us in improving your experience in using the Site;
(c)assessing and processing your request for the purchase of and/or subscription to our products and/or services;
(d)registering you as a customer of Swuex and/or to deal with, process, and/or administer the account that you may open with us, whether a membership account or otherwise, including to facilitate your transactions or activities on the Site or your transactions or activities with us;
(e)administering, facilitating, processing, and/or dealing with your relationship with us, any transactions or activities carried out by you on the Site or with us. This includes processing your application, orders, and payment transactions; implementing transactions and the supply of products and/or services to you that you have requested;
(f)carrying out your instructions or responding to any inquiry given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf including responding to your inquiries and complaints, or responding to or dealing with your interactions with us;
(g)contacting you or communicating with you via phone/voice call, text message and/or fax message, email and/or postal mail for the purposes of administering and/or managing your use of the Site, your membership and/or account with us, your relationship with us or any transactions made by you with us. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by way of the mailing of correspondence, documents, or notices to you, which could involve the disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages;
(h)providing services to you as our account holder, as our customer, or when requested by you; dealing with or administering your participation in contests, gamification, social events organized by us;
(i)understanding your interests, concerns, and preferences;
(j)identifying you and assisting you in your use of our products, services, and website services;
(k)for marketing purposes and in this regard, we would be providing you with marketing, advertising, and promotional information, materials, and/or documents relating to products, contests, services, and/or events (including those of third party organizations with which Swuex may collaborate with) that Swuex (including its affiliates/related corporations) or such third party organizations may be selling, marketing, offering, organizing, involved in or promoting, whether such products, services and/or events exist now or are created in the future:
(ii)if you have separately expressly consented to one or more of the following 3 DNC Modes, by way of the 3 modes of communications of voice calls, text messages, or faxes (the “3 DNC Modes”) to your telephone number, in compliance with the requirements of applicable local data protection law (i.e. the DPA); and/or
(iii)Notwithstanding (ii) above, regardless that you have not separately provided express consent as aforementioned in (ii) above, Swuex reserves its right to send a specified fax message and/or a specified text message (i.e. a marketing fax message or marketing text message) to your telephone number, to which Swuex reserves the right for final interpretation;
(l)carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations (whether the United States of America or foreign country) applicable to us or our affiliates/associated companies, the requirements or guidelines of governmental authorities (whether the United States of America or foreign country) which we determine are applicable to us or our affiliates/associated companies, and/or our risk management procedures that may be required by law (whether the United States of America or foreign country) or that may have been put in place by us or our affiliates/associated companies;
(m)to prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or omission or misconduct, whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned; dealing with conflict of interests; or dealing with and/or investigating complaints;
(n)complying with or as required by any applicable law, court order, order of a regulatory body, governmental or regulatory requirements, of any jurisdiction applicable to us or our affiliates/associated companies, including meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on us or our affiliates/associated companies, and/or for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities (whether of United States of America or elsewhere), with which we or our affiliates/associated companies are expected to comply;
(o)complying with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental authority (whether the United States of America or foreign country) which we are expected to comply with; or responding to requests for information from public agencies, ministries, statutory boards, or other similar authorities (whether the United States of America or foreign country). For the avoidance of doubt, this means that we may/will disclose your personal data to such parties upon their request or direction;
(p)conducting research (including customer research), surveys, market surveys, analysis and/or development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our services and facilities, or to improve our understanding of your interests, concerns, and preferences, in order to enhance any continued interaction between yourself and us connected or in relation to the Site, or improve any of our products or services;
(q)storing, hosting, backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside the United States of America;
(r)facilitating, dealing with, and/or administering external audit(s) or internal audit(s) of the business of Swuex or that of its affiliates/related corporations;
(s)to create reports with respect to our transactions with you, and/or producing statistics and research of such Transactions for internal and/or statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
(t)dealing with and/or facilitating a business asset transaction or a potential business asset transaction, where such transaction involves Swuex as a participant or involves only a related corporation or affiliated company of Swuex as a participant or involves Swuex and/or anyone or more of Swuex’s related corporations or affiliated companies as a participant(s), and there may be other third party organizations who are participants in such transaction. “business asset transaction” means the purchase, sale, lease, merger or amalgamation or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of an organization or a portion of an organization or of any of the business or assets of an organization;
(u)anonymization of your personal data. In this regard, you acknowledge that personal data that has been anonymized is no longer personal data and the requirements of applicable local data protection law (i.e. the DPA) would no longer apply to such anonymized data;
(v)Swuex, Swuex Group Companies’ reporting purposes including but not limited to reporting on Swuex’s business performance (“Swuex Group Companies” means Swuex, its affiliates, related corporations, and associated companies globally); including producing statistics and research for internal and/or statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements, of Swuex or of its affiliates/related corporations; and/or
(the purposes set out above shall be collectively referred to as the “Purposes”).
- Swuex may/will need to disclose your personal data to third parties, whether located within or outside the United States of America, for one or more of the above Purposes, as such third parties, would be processing your personal data for one or more of the above Purposes. In this regard, you hereby acknowledge, agree and consent that we may/are permitted to disclose your personal data to such third parties (whether located within or outside the United States of America) for one or more of the above Purposes and for the said third parties to subsequently collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the above Purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing or of paragraph 17, such third parties include:
(a)our associated or affiliated organizations or related corporations;
(b)any of our agents, contractors, or third-party service providers that process or will be processing your personal data on our behalf including but not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies, and data centers; and
(c)third parties to whom disclosure by us is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would, in turn, be collecting and processing your personal data for one or more of the Purposes.
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by emailing us at [email protected] We will process your request [within a reasonable time] from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request unless an exception under the law or a provision in the law permits us to. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal, including us being unable to perform the transactions requested by you on the Site.
- We may collect, use, disclose or process your personal data for other purposes that do not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the DPA or by law.
- We may/will also be collecting from sources other than yourself, personal data about you, for one or more of the above Purposes, and thereafter using, disclosing, and/or processing such personal data for one or more of the above Purposes. We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How we protect your personal data
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
- Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is functioning in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
- We will put in place measures such that your personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
Sharing your personal information
- We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personally identifiable information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. Please let us know if you want to withdraw your consent by emailing us at [email protected]
- You have the right to access and/or correct any personal data that we hold about you, subject to exceptions under the law. This right can be exercised at any time by emailing us at [email protected] We will need enough information from you in order to ascertain your identity as well as the nature of your request, so as to be able to deal with your request. With respect to your access request, we may charge a fee in order to process it.
- For a request to access personal data, once we have sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will seek to provide you with the relevant personal data within 30 days. Where we are unable to respond to you within the said 30 days, we will notify you of the soonest possible time within which we can provide you with the information requested.
- For a request to correct personal data, once we have sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will correct your personal data within 30 days. Where we are unable to do so within the said 30 days, we will notify you of the soonest practicable time within which we can make the correction. We will send the corrected personal data to every other organization to which the personal data was disclosed by us within a year before the date the correction was made unless that other organization does not need the corrected personal data for any legal or business purpose.
- We hold and deal with your data in accordance with the DPA.
- If you have any complaint or grievance regarding how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with the DPA (when in force), we welcome you to contact us with your complaint or grievance.
- Please contact us with your complaint or grievance by emailing us at [email protected]
- Where you are sending an email in which you are submitting a complaint, your indication at the subject header that it is a DPA complaint would assist us in attending to your complaint speedily by passing it on to the relevant staff in our organization to handle. For example, you could insert the subject header as “DPA Complaint”.
- We will certainly strive to deal with any complaint or grievance that you may have speedily and fairly.
Your acceptance of these terms
- For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that United States of America data protection law permits an organization such as us to collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent, such permission granted by the law shall continue to apply.